Monday, June 8, 2009

Off to the sci-fi ball Regency style

In August I'm going to Montreal for the World Science Fiction and Fantasy convention. In Denver last year, worldcon had a Regency ball. Apparently Regency balls are an institution at these conventions. I had a great time dancing with people dressed in period costume and others dressed as space pirates. I resolved that at the next worldcon I'd have an appropriate costume.
The patterns for a regency gown, chemise, and stays arrived today. I bought fabric, it's 100% cotton with tan stripes. I wouldn’t have chosen tan if anything else was available, but the fabric selection here in Anchorage, Alaska is slim. So I have to take what I can get.
I'll make the dress first out of an old sheet to see if it fits right.
I am now sorting through fabric pieces and the fabric is in the drier.

No comments: